Saturday, September 27, 2008

Not Forgotten

"But Zion said, 'The LORD has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me.'

'Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
I will not forget you!

See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands...'"

Isaiah 49:14-16

A woman who is expecting a baby lives nine months in eager anticipation. When the baby arrives, most of what she does revolves around it - caring for it, sustaining it, protecting it, loving it.

What a beautiful picture of God's love. Even though a mother may even forget her own child (as unlikely as that would be), God will not forget his children. He loves us so dearly, we are always on his mind.

Just like a little child, we can rest in his care; safe, secure and at peace because he is always near us.

No comments: